Unfair Dismissals & Retrenchment
We represent both employers and employees at the CCMA, Bargaining Council and Labour Court in any unfair dismissal, constructive dismissal, unfair labour practice or retrenchment dispute.
We assist with all aspects of an unfair dismissal case.
For employers and employees, we assist with the following:
- Settlement negotiations.
- Advising on prospects of success.
- Assistance during the legal proceedings.
- Legal representation at the CCMA and Bargaining Council.
- Constructive dismissal disputes.
Unfair Labour Practice
We assist with all aspects of an unfair labour practice dispute on behalf of the employers and employees, including unfair conduct relating to promotions, demotions, benefits and unilateral changes to terms and conditions of employment.
We represent employers and employees during section 189 and section 189A retrenchment procedures.
For employees we offer:
- Assistance with the legalities of a retrenchment.
- Contesting a retrenchment.
- Maximizing the outcome of a retrenchment.
- Representation during retrenchment proceedings.
For employers we offer:
- Assistance with the legal proceedings of a retrenchment.
- Minimizing the impact of a retrenchment.
- Compliance with section 189 and section 189A of the LRA.
- Representation during and facilitation of retrenchment proceedings.
"When there is a crisis I have no hesitation in saying “Don’t speak to me, speak to my attorneys! Higgs Attorneys!"
"I would highly recommend Higgs Attorneys to anyone seeking legal representation in the workplace."
"The attorneys listened carefully to my needs and provided sound legal opinion in accessible language. They kept me constantly informed about the status of the case."