Unfair Dismissals & Retrenchment
We represent both employers and employees at the CCMA, Bargaining Council and Labour Court in any unfair dismissal, constructive dismissal, unfair labour practice or retrenchment dispute.
We assist with all aspects of an unfair dismissal case.
For employers and employees, we assist with the following:
- Settlement negotiations.
- Advising on prospects of success.
- Assistance during the legal proceedings.
- Legal representation at the CCMA and Bargaining Council.
- Constructive dismissal disputes.
Unfair Labour Practice
We assist with all aspects of an unfair labour practice dispute on behalf of the employers and employees, including unfair conduct relating to promotions, demotions, benefits and unilateral changes to terms and conditions of employment.
We assist both employers and employees during section 189 and section 189A retrenchment procedures
For employees we offer:
- Assistance with the legalities of a retrenchment.
- Contesting a retrenchment.
- Maximizing the outcome of a retrenchment.
For employers we offer:
- Assistance with the legal proceedings of a retrenchment.
- Minimizing the impact of a retrenchment.
- Compliance with section 189 and section 189A of the LRA.
"We have found Higgs Attorneys to be an incredibly knowledgeable and professional firm, always guiding our labour decisions according to the law and with the best interests of the organisation at heart."
"When there is a crisis I have no hesitation in saying “Don’t speak to me, speak to my attorneys! Higgs Attorneys!"
"The attorneys listened carefully to my needs and provided sound legal opinion in accessible language. They kept me constantly informed about the status of the case."