Unfair Dismissals & Retrenchment
We represent both employers and employees at the CCMA, Bargaining Council and Labour Court in any unfair dismissal, constructive dismissal, unfair labour practice or retrenchment dispute.
We assist with all aspects of an unfair dismissal case.
For employers and employees, we assist with the following:
- Settlement negotiations.
- Advising on prospects of success.
- Assistance during the legal proceedings.
- Legal representation at the CCMA and Bargaining Council.
- Constructive dismissal disputes.
Unfair Labour Practice
We assist with all aspects of an unfair labour practice dispute on behalf of the employers and employees, including unfair conduct relating to promotions, demotions, benefits and unilateral changes to terms and conditions of employment.
We represent employers and employees during section 189 and section 189A retrenchment procedures.
For employees we offer:
- Assistance with the legalities of a retrenchment.
- Contesting a retrenchment.
- Maximizing the outcome of a retrenchment.
- Representation during retrenchment proceedings.
For employers we offer:
- Assistance with the legal proceedings of a retrenchment.
- Minimizing the impact of a retrenchment.
- Compliance with section 189 and section 189A of the LRA.
- Representation during and facilitation of retrenchment proceedings.
"When there is a crisis I have no hesitation in saying “Don’t speak to me, speak to my attorneys! Higgs Attorneys!"
"Their attorneys have shown the ability to find a legal solution to any employment related legal problem that we pose to them."
"We have found Higgs Attorneys to be an incredibly knowledgeable and professional firm, always guiding our labour decisions according to the law and with the best interests of the organisation at heart."