The Constitution of the Republic of South Africa provides everyone with the right to fair labour practices. The President of the Republic of South Africa has declared the 1st of January 2015 as the effective date for the amendments to the Labour Relations Act.
The amendments have a direct and significant impact in respect of employment relationships. The amendments necessitated certain changes in organisational structures and the manner in which a business’ workforce is being managed.
Higgs Attorneys Inc. acts on behalf of both employers and employees to ensure that the constitutionally enshrined right to fair labour practices is honoured.
Our services include:
- Legal representation at Bargaining Councils, CCMA, Labour Courts, Labour Appeal Court, High Court, Supreme Court of Appeal as well as the Constitutional Court;
- Retrenchment advisory services;
- Disciplinary hearings;
- Contract negotiation, drafting, preparation and review;
- Collective bargaining and industrial action;
- Occupational health and safety;
- Non-disclosure agreements;
- Legal compliance;
- Employment contracts.